If you don’t know, I will be graduating James Madison University in only a few short weeks. Every spring since my freshman year (minus when I was studying abroad last spring!), I’ve captured graduating seniors pictures and have gotten to see how much they’ve been impacted by them. I’ve made lasting friendships from many of these one hour shoots and have even booked weddings with some past seniors from keeping in touch. Some seniors I’ve worked with have inspired me so much and even changed my outlook on life and involvement at JMU for the better, and I will never forget them! One of my sessions even ended in tears from it being such an incredible time. So, to commemorate this last season of JMU senior pictures, I wanted to make a post of some of my favorite images over the years and give a few reasons you should get graduation photos.
Why should you invest in getting professional graduation photos?
- It’s a celebration of you and marks this special time as you enter your next stage of life.It may not feel important now, but in 10 years you’re going to want to look back on these photos and see how much you’ve grown and changed for the better.
- Self-love.If you don’t care much about the graduation part, do it to treat yourself, improve your self love, and build confidence. All my clients tell me that their session are an incredibly rewarding experience that makes them more confident in who they are
- The next time people typically invest in professional pictures is their wedding. With grad photos, you can take off your gown and use the photos for other reasons – you can’t do that with your professional wedding photos! Wedding photography is also very expensive, so invest in this for fraction of the cost.
- Parents and grandparents.Giving nice, professional photos to your parents & grandparents as you enter this next stage will mean more to them than you know. If these people have contributed to putting you through college and have been there to support you along the way, show them how much you care by commemorating this entire experience with something they can frame or put on their fridge.
- Remind yourself how much you’ve grown.Having photos that represent you now that you can look back on in 10 years will give you gratitude in seeing how much you’ve grown and become wiser. I don’t know about you, but whenever I look back at old photos I re-realize how you never know how life changes, and it serves as a positive reminder.
Now is the time to book your senior portraits! I do sessions both ON and OFF campus. You can structure the session however you like – solo, group, or a combination of both. You don’t even have to do a session with your cap and gown! Some of my seniors prefer going to an off-campus location and just capturing who they are and their personality to mark this special time. Grab your girlfriends, your boyfriend, your pup, your roommates, this is YOUR session and I want you to remember this time here, the struggles that have made you a better person and the best moments.
I would love to hear from you, fellow Dukes, and give you professional, high quality images your momma will be hanging on the walls.