Welcome, WELCOME! It’s officially launch day and I couldn’t be more excited. Thank you for coming to see the new brand and website and celebrating with me! The talented Bonnie from B is for Bonnie Design and I have been working on my new online photography home for around a YEAR, so you can imagine the amount of anticipation I had when hitting the publish button today. We have poured hours of time and energy into every single page and detail of this site, and I could not be more pleased with how it turned out.
In celebration, I am doing a GIVEAWAY of a FREE PORTRAIT OR COUPLE SESSION valued at $500!!! Read through this post until the end to find out how you can win and for the rules.
WHY I REBRANDED
A few years ago I started outgrowing my old website. The website I had right before this was a free template that I got when I was SEVENTEEN, and my work has grown so much since then. I decided to rebrand over a year ago after feeling that my website was limiting me. I FINALLY have an online home that actually reflects me and my work, and it’s the best feeling!
HOW IT HAPPENED
A few years ago I attended the Creative at Heart Conference and won a free year of Showit and a free template from the Tonic Site Shop. I ended up choosing the beautiful Paloma Template valued at a whopping $1,050. However, between being a full-time student, running my photography business, being a part of multiple organizations at my university, and trying to maintain some sort of social life, the website sat there for a year untouched. At the time, I also had little design skill and had no idea how to illustrate my vision visually. I came to the realization that I wouldn’t get the website done how I wanted (or done at all) unless I hired out. This is where the talented Bonnie from B is for Bonnie Design comes in! I met Bonnie at the same conference that I won the template at and totally loved her style and portfolio. The first time we talked on the phone about possibly working together, she totally won me over and I signed our contract within the week!
THE MUST SEES: MY FAVORITE PARTS
I love everything about the new website Bonnie and I created together, so it’s hard to just pick a few. But if I had to…
- A logo. I didn’t have a definitive logo that I used consistently before this rebrand.
- The ABOUT PAGE! I think this is my favorite page on the website. I’m in LOVE with the map and also like the “fun facts” slideshow!
- On the galleries page, I like how viewers can either look at a “best of” portfolio on the first section, or view full sessions of weddings, engagements, and portraits in the second section.
- The info pages (weddings and high school seniors). I love how it transitions through the experience, reviews, process, relevant galleries, and ends with the investment. I think it flows so well!
- Having check boxes for the different contact forms on my contact page.
- A separate, cohesive blog that matches the website!
- Having an Instagram feed run at the bottom of the website.
WIN THE GIVEAWAY
- WHO can enter: Couples or individuals wanting a portrait session
- WHAT: A one hour portrait session valued at $500. This includes one location, as many outfits as we can fit in, and at least 60 high resolution images delivered to you in an online gallery.
- WHERE and WHEN: I will be traveling in Europe until early May and then leaving again for LA in early June, so I will only be on the east coast during the month of May. The session can either be redeemed in May within a 30 minute radius of Falls Church City, OR in Europe before May if we happen to be in the same place at the same time!
- HOW to enter (required):
- BONUS Entries: For each one you do, you get an extra entry!
- Subscribe on YouTube
- Subscribe to the newsletter
- Like the Facebook Page
- Comment on this blog post
*WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON INSTAGRAM WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH 12 PM EST. Winner will be chosen through a randomized online generator. If you win will be contacted directed through Instagram direct message, so be on the lookout!*
Love Love Love this new page!! You’re so beautiful and I”m so impressed with your work every time I see something new 🙂 Great job lady!
Love the new website so much 🙂
Oh my you’re so talented !! Loved your work from the moment I saw it . I would love to shoot with you !
This looks aaaaamazing and I’m so glad you’re doing awesome things!! 🙂
Wowowowow this looks beautiful!
Congrats on the new site, it looks amazing 🙂
This website is incredible. It gives me so much inspiration as an artist. I am excited to continue following your travels.
The new site design looks so good!
Love the website!! Also I entered the giveaway and did all the bonus entries! Crossing my fingers I win because you are amazing!
I love the new website; it looks amazing!
Your blog is beautiful! So excited for you
Your site is gorgeous! Keep up the hard work!!